Saturday, November 6, 2010

First Training Run with the Long Beach TNT

Drove back to my old stomping grounds today - it was still dark when I arrived...that's how early it was.  YAWN.  While the coaches and mentors were talking, we got to see the sun rise over the Long Beach Marina (I tried to take a photo, but my camera phone app pooped out on me).  Then the campaign manager read a letter from the husband of someone who was just diagnosed with CLL.  The letter-writer thanked LLS for the support he has received, even this early after diagnosis.  It made me realize that while I usually think about running for LLS to support a cure, it is also there to support people going through treatment and all the uncertainty that brings.  There are some, like my friend, who have a good support system to help them through it all...there are some who must feel very alone - and I hope that they, like the letter-writer, find LLS (or some other support system).

The run itself was great - only 20 minutes - I love the Naples area of LB.  I was afraid of how my legs would be, since I haven't run at all since the Disneyland Half Marathon back in September.  Thankfully, my legs and my endurance haven't completely disappeared.  The schedule looks a little hard to keep up with for a working mom with three little ones...but I'm going to give it my best shot.  After all, this race I'm running for something larger than myself...


*********************************************************************************
 MY FUNDRAISING PAGE:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/la11/jpenner
*********************************************************************************


Peace,
Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment